Friday, May 15, 2009

In the center ring...

Every year, the school has a trade fair, where kids make stuff and trade it for others kids stuff. One of the Girl's friends was over talking about making something for the trade fair before school. I knew this project was too time consuming to complete before school, as I had done this w/both kids already. I suggested that she work on it w/her parents after school one day.
Her response: I can't because I have llama training on Monday, dance on Tuesday, voive lessons on Wednesday, violin on Thursday, and girl scouts on Friday.
Whoa, back this truck up - llama training?! I simply had to know more.
Me: I'm sorry, did you say llama training?
Friend: Yes.
The Girl: Sweet! I want to come.
Me: What do you train llamas to do? (trying hard not to laugh as this young girl seemed very serious about her llama training)
Friend: We train them to come when called, and do tricks and stuff.
The Girl: Do you train them to jump over stuff?
Friend: Yes, we can do that. (again very serious)
The Girl: Awesome!

With that, I sent the two young students off to school. I couldn't help but try to picture this llama training academy in my head. Cue circus music and spotlight on man in top hat and jodhpurs with high black boots.
"And in the center ring, jumping through three flaming hoops, Lester the llama!" I had a smile on my face the rest of the day. Jump Lester, jump!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home