Sunday, March 01, 2009

NOT Horny

Anyone who knows me well, understands that I loathe grocery shopping. When I do go, I try to stock up for several weeks at a time necessitating fewer trips. It does mean a longer time in the store.

Yesterday, I had to go to Meijers. I have not done any real shopping in 3-4 weeks. So this was to be a big trip. I get in the store and start the drudgery- trying to avoid all the old people and families (why on earth does every member of the family need to shop???). Anyways, I kept hearing this horn blow -like the kind that is handed out at Birthday parties. For 45 minutes if feels like this horn is following me. At one point, I see this lady pushing her cart and her 5-6 year old just blowing this horn. I had envisions of me taking the horn away and yelling at the lady.

I tried to keep going after that but it felt like this horn was everywhere. My visions turned to punching this lady so I decided to leave the store- shop at another time. I went to the opposite side store to check out, but still I hear this horn. I look over and see another child just blowing away. My nerves are shot at this point and I complain to the checkout lady. The checkout lady then admits that there is a Dr Seuss celebration and they are actually handing these horns out to kids. At this point I asked for the manager. When I was done I almost felt bad for said manager but I could think past the still blazing horns!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home