Thursday, April 30, 2009

Travelin' man

I recently travelled thru some states south of the mason dixon line and encountered three good ole boys. They were sitting at a bar for lunch, shooting the breeze. Here is a brief snippet of their conversation;
Do you know Skeeter Wilson?
Skeeter that used to work for the railroad?
Yeah, he was my cousin.
Do you know Jim McElroy?
Jimbo that used to get drunk and walk naked thru town?
Yeah, he was my uncle's cousin.

And so it went for nearly an hour as I sat and listened. I did learn something from these musings; Colonel Sanders (of KFC fame) owned all the kitchen equipment. If he didn't like how you were running the business or cooking the chicken, he would arrive unannounced and take back all the equipment. Oh, he also stole the secret recipe for chicken batter from Jimbo's grandma. He's still a little bitter about it. Consider yourself learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home