Sunday, March 08, 2009

People are stupid

Recently, I had to take the Girl to her orthodontist appt. As we climbed the stairs, we noticed a faint odor. As we reached the second floor landing, the faint odor became a distinct smell. When I opened the office door, the stench smacked me in the face - soiled diaper! As a father, I easily recognize this smell and have feared the contents.

I sat down and tried to distract my mind from the stench by reading a magazine. I then heard a whining sound in front of me. This did not sound like a child, so I investigated. In the next row over, a woman was sitting with her back to me, holding a puppy. She was telling her toddler to hush the dog, as it continuously whined. Who brings a dog to the orthodontist!?

Finally, a nurse/hygienist entered and remarked about the soiled diaper. The woman stated the toddler soiled herself on the way to the appt, but mom just hadn't changed her yet. How nice, sharing that smell with the rest of the patrons in the waiting room. When the nurse suggested she use a changing room in the office, the woman took the toddler and dog to the car to change the diaper full of nuclear waste.

Yay! An end to my misery was at hand. To my dismay, this woman returned with the toddler (sans poopy diaper) and the dog. This behavior might be acceptable in Hollywood (the land of fruits and nuts) but not here in the Midwest. Don't get me wrong, I am a dog lover. I have two myself. But, your dog is not as cute or special as mine, so leave it at home where it will happily chew on your barcalounger until you return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home