Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy Anniversary

With the impending arrival of our 14th wedding anniversary, I asked the wife to join me for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants after work. The wife, the girl and I (the boy at soccer camp got take-out) enjoyed a nice dinner with great food. Just as we finished the meal, the girl says her tummy hurts. I asked her if she needed to go to the restroom, and she proceeds to vomit into her hands and then her napkin when her hands were full.

The wife is telling me to find our waitress, who has vanished. She flags down some bussers and proclaims an emergency. Within seconds, our table is flooded with people, mopping up and offering towels and napkins galore. The girl was covered in emesis from her dress to her feet - imagine vomit covered flip-flops. We cleaned her up as best we could and the wife skated out of there like a rocket, bringing the girl home before another wave hit. The girl let loose in the garbage can on the ride home. My poor wife, the nurse, absolutely cannot tolerate vomit. I give her credit for not blowing chunks herself. Happy Anniversary.

2 Comments:

Blogger shartheheretic said...

Holy smokes...

I can't believe it's been 14 years.

LOL

8:13 PM  
Blogger shartheheretic said...

Seriously, what an ordeal. Yikes.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home