Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hobo Home

Before you send fiery e-mails about the word Hobo, let me explain. I understand that Hobo is politically incorrect, and we now use homeless, but children are not hip to political correctness. While visiting my bro-in-law and his family in the South, my daughter, neice and nephew were playing a game they called "Hobo home." They had placed several cardboard boxes and some nylon cubes on the front lawn as their home. The following conversation was overheard:
Neice: You better not..." acting as Hobo mom and shaking her finger at her brother.
Nephew: "You're not being a very good mom. You're not even being a good Hobo mom."

It seems that familial conflicts happen despite socio-economic class.

3 Comments:

Blogger susabellpr said...

LOL....thanks for the whole south thing. What can I say, political correctness isn't one of our strong points.

1:37 PM  
Blogger KellBell said...

LOL, thank god for blogs. Even though I don't see you much anymore, I love envisioning the children's antics!!

2:49 PM  
Blogger darprice said...

LOL - I wish I'd heard that comment...

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home